01 May 2011

Through the Mind of a Penguin Part 4

Wash the windows; empty the garbage, sweep, mop, vacuum. All while putting on a happy face and pretending I love my job. And don't even get me started on the toilets! You probably can't even imagine how difficult mopping without opposable thumbs can be. I'm always dropping the mop because it is forever slipping out of my hands. How is a penguin supposed to work like this? On top of that, I have overheard those blasted humans talking about me and laughing at me when they think I'm not around. I am convinced they make bigger messes and have more lights burn out when they know I'm working. As if I didn't have a hard enough time with it all without all the extra hardships. Plus, I'm dressed way too well for this job!

Maybe those FLIPPR guys are right. Penguins aren't treated right regardless of the "Equality Act" that was passed. Yeah, we can hold all the same jobs. Yeah, we can be on the same teams, and do everything they can. And yeah, I guess it's better now than it was before the Act. Then, we were on the streets, barely able to make it by, no knowing where we were going to sleep one night to the next, not knowing what our next meal would be, let alone when. Oh, and don't get me started on the nights! Extremely cold, and damp, noise so loud that you would think it was daytime there was so much going on! If your spot was discovered by any humans, they would not only make you stay there, but they would call Animal Control! Can you believe it?! I doubt it could get any more degrading than that. Especially since all we were trying to do was trying to eke out a living much the same as any of them. It was like all we were to them was a bunch of cute, cuddly little animals with no brains or heart or aspirations for ourselves or our society.

Well, we'll show them! We'll prove to them that we are more intelligent than they think and that we will fight for the respect we deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment